Thursday, March 23, 2006


Hello Family and Friends!

Well we're gonna try to do the blog thing. A few of our friends are doing it, so we thought might as well! But mom and dad don't worry, if our friends jump off a bridge, we won't do that! We just want to make sure we keep our family and friends up to date on what the EZ's are doing.

So... what's happening...

Liz would like me to say something on "our" blog that "we" wanted to start. I'm really enjoying school. It's both challenging and interesting. Some of the professors I have are the same ones my Dad had and one of them was a good friend of my father's. The friends I have made there are a riot. Everyone has a total laid back "So-Cal" attitude when it comes to dealing with money and helping eachother but then during test time everyone is high strung and on the verge of loosing it. It's like being on a constant emotional roller coaster.

Liz and I have enjoyed going out to dinner with friends, the symphony, and eating whole squid at the Chinese buffet. But the biggest news involves the dog we are about to get. I'll let Liz talk about that.

Being a teacher is going pretty good. They've asked me to teach AP Biology next year, so that'll be hard work but lots of fun. My students for the most part are great. The do the most ridiculous things sometimes. The other day I had a student ask me, "what's your maiden name?" I told him it was Archibald, so he responded, "So you're white." I pulled down my sleeve and said, "Yup, I'm pretty white!" Everyone laughed and called him an idiot. When I was done laughing I nicely corrected him by saying, "Oh, do you mean of European decent?" It was a prety good moment.

So, the dog news. Ethan and I talked it over and we've decided that I need something to take care a little more than a kitty. So come spring break, we are getting Lola, a Yorkipoo puppy. It will be work, but I think it will be fun to take her on walks and teach her tricks. YEA!!!

Well, that's probably good for now, we'll update again soon! Love you guys!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow the Navy! Well that will be alot of travel be at least he'll be the last one sent into war. Geeze and the war in Iraq is supposed to go to at least 2008. Crazy. What is he going to study at school? How does this whole thing work?
Love Liz

Liz said...

CORRINE!!!

I'm so glad to hear from you! What are you up to!?
Love Liz