Thursday, May 22, 2008



As many of you know, it's been a little busy around here. Maddy came 9 days early, but luckily we had all our shopping and prep work done! Literally the day before I bought all the postpartum stuff I needed!

So if any one hasn't heard the details, here's a short outline of the events of May 7th.

3:45 am - Wake up to my water breaking!
6:30 - Arrive at the hospital, 1 cm not feeling contractions
8:30 - Start pitocin
10:30ish - Painful non-stop contractions only 2 cm! Got pain meds, only made me nauseous!
12:00ish - Only 3 cm, request epidural, 3rd in line.
2:00ish - Still in pain, jump to 8 cm anesthesiologist shows up, only to called out for an emergency c-section before he can administer the epidural. No joke, I was pretty upset!
3:00ish - 10 cm, but Maddy was a station 0, aka not ready to come out. Anesthesiologist shows up to give me a quick epidural to help me push.
4:27 - Madeline Rae Zmoos born! 7lbs 5oz 20in Yea!!!
So now she's 2 weeks and adorable. No more umbilical stump and no more jaundice. Here she is sun bathing!

My mom is here and boy am I glad. She cooks, cleans, and takes the baby so I can nap. Probably the hardest thing is breastfeeding! Maddy currently is a sleeper! She'll feed a couple times at 2 hour intervals then conk out for like 3-4 hours. And hallelujah, for now she actually sleeps through the majority of the night. Last night she slept from 11:00 to 4:30! I still have to wake up and pump, but that's no biggie. We are completely blessed!

As for me, I'm tired and sometimes my stitches hurt, but that's about it. I try to get in at least one nap a day, usually during Maddy's long 3 hr nap. Well, since the last time I weighed myself while I was pregnant, I've lost about 17 lbs. which is great, but I've got a lot more to go. So for the time being I'm just learning and trying not to get frustrated as Maddy constantly falls asleep everytime I feed her!

Here are some of my favorite pics.


Thanks to everyone for your love, prayers, and generosity! We couldn't have asked for better friends and family!

Love
Liz

7 comments:

Erika said...

Oh Liz!!! She is SO beautiful. I think she looks like Ethan in those pictures...am I right? I am just so thrilled for you and can't wait to see you next Thursday.
Sounds like you're doing better (out of survival mode, into enjoyment mode).
I remember BAWLING for at least 1 hour the day my mom left. I didn't know how I was going to handle life without her. Take advantage of every second you have.
The blessing is still on Father's day, right? What time is church?
Love love love you!!!
PS-Scotty told me he thinks she's pretty :-)

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm glad you're doing well and getting some sleep. Thanks for sharing so many pictures of Maddy--she's sure cute!

Anonymous said...

Liz, that's good work! I'm so proud of you and Ethan. You made a beautiful baby! And I know you are going to be great parents. It was great to see the three of you together and see how you are together. You guys are doing so great! Congrats again. I love you guys very much!!
Love,
Kathy

maugers said...

She's gorgeous! Can't wait to see her! And you look fantastic! How did you manage to do your hair? Amazing. Al used to fall asleep feeding, and I used to get a wet rag and stroke his face with it...you could try that. It sounds like you are doing great, and already 17 pounds is GREAT!!! And Ethan looks like he's really helping out too :) She's beautiful, thanks for the pictures!

Just Us said...

YAY!! I am so happy to see pictures! She seriously is GORGEOUS Liz! So beautiful! I think it's the name or something. :) The first few months of being a new mom can be hard, but if you can make it past that, you will be a mom super-star. Wow, she is seriously beautiful--congrats Liz!

Catherine said...

Congratulations, Liz & Ethan! I'm so excited for you. Thanks for posting the pics! Maddy is a beautiful baby. I'm glad you have someone there to help out! :)
love ya,
~Catherine

Laura said...

Such a cute beautiful girl. Can't wait to hold her and see her again. Congratulations.