Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Are you ready for this...

Here's another long blog, if you are reading this, you must really love us!!! So we are finally recovered from the very full Christmas we enjoyed. Lots of family, lots of fun, and lots of Maddy!

My parents hobby now is photography, they are really good. I think I took about 5 pics this Christmas. They literally gave my hundreds of pictures, so the ones in the blog are some of my favs. One day I took my parents to a little "museum" that had a photo exhibit. We were the only people there, Maddy loved running the empty halls. On the way out of the museum, my dad got this shot. I think it's cool.

Most of the time we spent having dinner at each others homes, while my parents and Zach and Tay had to get in their Maddy fix. She loved having so much family. She was exhausted every night after all the excitment!

Of course she did have to make time for Dora!
Lola even got her own photo shoot.
We did have some snow and boy did it get cold! On a warmer day we went out for some fun in the snow.

Christmas Eve we enjoyed our Zmoos Christmas traditions of opening one present and having dinner with the Garbetts. Vicky made her famous beenie weenies... Maddy is a fan.
Christmas day came and Maddy started strong, but quickly faded. She wouldn't open any gifts, but when we opened them and showed them to her... she perked up. She's soooo spoiled, she's just too cute. I really think she had a mental break down. Out of now where she would just start crying. Not a tantrum, or screaming. Just sitting there whimpering with big tears streaming down her face. She did that a couple times over 2 days. She has since recovered, thank goodness, I was feeling like a really bad parent.
Thinking that my parents would get some totally awesome pics, I took them to the Brucemore Mansion. It is an amazing house on 26 acres, the people that lived there owned 3 lions and the kids rollerskated around the house. Too bad photography in the house was prohibited.

Not only did we celebrate Christmas and New Years (which I actually stayed up for), we also celebrated Zach's and Mike's birthdays.

Before my family and the boys left, the manly men took the opportunity to go hunting. They came back with all body parts... so I'm pleased with the outcome.

So, there you go, a very full 2 weeks. We loved having our family here, thank you to everyone.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Maddy is so beautiful. It looks like a wonderful holiday, surrounded by loved ones!