Monday, April 02, 2007


Hello Everyone! We wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter. Well, it's spring break for me, but not for Ethan. He's got a few tests and a paper due this week and finals are next week, so spring break is not going to be very exciting, but I guess that's ok.


My last blog was pretty lame, so I hope you enjoy this one a little more. I realized that I forget a lot of the stuff that happens that I want to include in the blog, so I've started writing them down. So here's what's been happening...


Family Happenings:

We recently found out that Kathy and Julius will be stationed in San Diego. Yea!!! So they will be close enough to go visit. San Diego is really nice, so it will be fun to be able to get out of LA and go down there. Also on the Zmoos side, Eth's brother Zach got called on his mission to Denver Colorado South. FUN!!! He's excited and releaved that he doesn't have to learn a new language.


Whittier High School:

I'm happy it's Spring Break, I get to sleep in and relax before the last push of the end of the school year. State testing and AP exams are a little over a month away! The kids aren't feeling the pressure yet, but it's coming! So recently at school my students were working on a review packet, and the room was so quiet that I told the kids that if they kept working so well, I'd put on music. So I put on safe music like the Beatles (which the kids recognized) but I also put on ABBA, Simon and Garfunkle, and James Taylor, which the kids did not recognize. The kept saying, what song is this, what is this music. Geez, that made me feel old!


Last day of school before spring break we have what is called club carnival. All the clubs at school sell food, drinks, etc during an extended lunch to raise money for their clubs. So my co-worker Erika and I decided that we would sell soda and nachos at club carnival to help raise funds for students to pay for their upcoming AP test. We made quite a bit of money. We sold out of nachos and sold almost 1,000 sodas!!! Crazy. Prepping for club carnival was pretty crazy, probably the funniest thing was seeing Erika and I at Sam's club with a flat bed cart buying 1,000 cans of soda! I was in my school clothes (a skirt) and Erika is pregnant. So everyone kept looking at us funny. Ah... what teachers do for their kids!!!


Last school story... so last week we had a "winter storm" aka for 15 min it rain hard outside. My students freaked out!!! And we could hear students outside screaming. I had to actually shut the blinds in my room because the kids kept looking out the window and saying, I can't go out there, what am I going to do!? I just called them wusses and moved on! Ah, California winter!!!


Dream Dinners:

OK, so I love this place called Dream Dinners, you can go to their website dreamdinners.com to check them out and see if there are any in your area. Basically this place ROCKS!!! Since I come home from school tired and hungry, we usually end up eating poorly or fast food for dinner. One of my co-workers told me about Dream Dinners, I tried it, and loved it. What it is is on the internet, this company has a menu you can choose various dinners from then you schedule a time to go in and make all your dinners. You walk in and it's like a cooking show, there are little stations with all the ingredients for your dinners and you following the directions and combine them into ziplock bags. Then you take them home and freeze them. So in about an hour, I can prepare all the meals that we will be eating for the entire month. AWESOME. This month we get dinners like, chicken marsala, pulled pork, orange chicken, and more good food. So now all I do for dinner is defrost the meal and cook it. I don't have to mix, buy, or find recipies any more! SWEET.


Fun Stuff:

So one of Ethan's friends at school had a sweet hook-up with some Clippers tickets. The boys had lots of fun watching the Clippers play the Rockets. Eth saw Yao Ming, Billy Crystal, and that guy from Mission Impossible, Green Mile, ect. Here are the pictures.

1 comment:

Dave Crest said...

Very nice blog Liz. I am jealous that Ethan got to see Yao! 7'6" chinese guy, who wouldn't want to see that!! Hope you relish those CA winters cause I don't think Iowa is quite the same. :) Hope to see you guys soon. We are vacationing in CA for sure the last week of June. Love you guys!