Monday, July 09, 2007

Hello again family and friends. Well, it looks like another month has flown by!

School ended for me on the 21st. I got the lovely duty of collecting sweaty, stinky caps and gowns from the graduates and putting them in boxes, it was a "lovely" two and a half hours in a non-airconditioned room!

I decided not to do summer school for my own personal sanity. I did however sign up to be a sub. I have subbed 4 times for the same math teacher. I've been with his classes more than he has this summer! One of his classes were really bad, I mean, terrors!!! They would not stop talking. I had to tell them to physically close their mouths so we could have quiet in the class room. They were so bad for the last 40 min of class one day I had them sit in silence and do work out of biology books, by the way, it's a math class!!! Freshmen!

I've been keeping myself busy by going back to the gym, doing projects around the house, reading books, and preparing for next year. Hopefully my last year of teaching next year will be a good one. The school asked me to teach a 6/5 schedule, so I teach 6 classes and don't have a prep period. After taxes it's about a $1000 extra dollars a month. Eth and I talked about it, and I decided not to take it. While some of you may think I'm crazy . . . those prep periods are so valuable if I didn't have it, I would have to do all my copying, preparing, and lab setup before and after school and with AP biology that is a lot of work. So once again for my sanity, we decided not to do it.
School is going pretty well for Eth. It seems like every week he has a test or a quiz, he's a busy boy. But he's still liking it. He's actually studying right now, apparently he's a little annoyed at the weird names of his x-ray deformities (which are named after patients) like Lanois Deformity the fibular deviation of the toes.

Well, other news . . . more and more of my friends are having babies, I've literally lost count. I think I know of about 15 people who have had babies and I know of at least 5 more babies on the way. Man, there must be something in the water! ALSO.... Eth's little brother Zach is now in the MTC studying away to head out to the Denver South Mission. We are very proud of him.

Fun things. . . recently Eth and I got to see Dave and Dianna, and Melissa in San Diego, but not at the same time. So in 1 week we drove to San Diego twice. We did get to see some fun stuff and it was good to spend time with family. We went to the Zoo (I fed a giraffe!), saw the navy ships, went to Coronado (got awfully sunburned), saw a Dr. Seuess museum, fireworks, etc. Pretty eventful. Here are some pics.


Oh, and some people have asked about Lola. She is doing well here's a pic.



Well, we love you all and hope all is well. Keep us posted on your lives!

1 comment:

heather said...

I totally forgot you had a blog until I was doing a search through past emails...where are you guys these days? any of your sisters have blogs too? it is such a fun way to kind of keep connected to each other and semi up to date on the family.
much love
Heather