Monday, July 21, 2008

Maddy's had a big week, so I thought I'd update you!

First... she has slept through the night 3 times. Asleep by around 8 or 9 awake at 5 0r 6! Crazy! While this is great it does pose leakage problems! The first night her diaper leaked and I leaked too. So to avoid this, we try to change her diaper right before she falls asleep and I have to get up in the middle of the night to pump. So everyone gets to sleep through the night but me! Hummm...

Next... she has become more conversational. She will listen and "talk" and mimic you. My favorite is when she says "hello" aka "eh oh" we tried to get a little on video, but blogger is freaking out and won't load it! I'll try again next time.

Third... she is holding her head up much better and is now sitting in her baby chair. She'll only sit for a few minutes and gets mad. Also, she has become more "sturdy" for Ethan to play with so here is super Maddy.


Last... many of you know Maddy has some gastrointestinal issues. We call them the "Zmoos Guts" She gets constipated if you look at her funny. So here's what happened after 1 day of not pooping! She was workin' hard. Sorry my commentary is lame.


8 comments:

Heherjo said...

So adorable! She is getting so big and so beautiful. I can't believe the poop video. That is gross and amazing at the same time.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Holy Cow! That video was too funny. I showed it to Will, and he laughed pretty hard also. You are so smart to document that for her future viewing. :)

Erika said...

LIZ!!!! Hilarious!!! Oh my gosh.
Thanks for the good laugh.
Hope to see you guys soon :-)

Jenn said...

That is so funny Liz! She is seriously SO cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. So how's life as a new mom? Are you used to it yet?? :)

maugers said...

Wow, she is really going to love you when she's 16 and a cute boy googles her and finds this poop video :) That image will never die...
I'm so glad she's sleeping through the night! I know this is hard...but try not to pump in the middle of the night, or else you'll never get a good night sleep. I used to just leak all over at night...double up on the nursing pads or something. If it was too painful I would just hand express.
I'm sorry Maddy pooped all over her boxes..I'm really glad it wasn't at you, with a range like that though you guys better hit the floor the next time she blows!

Unknown said...

Cute picture of Maddy flying through the air. It's so fun when they're big enough to "play" with.
As for the explode-o-poop, we've TOTALLY been there. Kate did that at every diaper change for weeks on end. Eventually we built a poop shield for the end of her changing table because I got tired of searching for it all over the room. And then there's the time we randomly decided to video ourselves giving her a bath in the kitchen sink...we just happened to capture the biggest explosion ever on tape. Orange poop covered the entire kitchen. Such precious memories :)
How are the house building/moving plans coming along? I hope it's going smoothly.
Take care!

Emily said...

It's so great to be able to see what is going on with your cute family, Liz! I found your blog through Chelsea's. I love being able to reconnect with the Campus Plaza group! Email me so I can invite you into my blog.
emykate03ATyahooDOTcom.

Catherine said...

Hahaha! My roommate was sitting accross from me as I started playing the video...we both got a good laugh!! Tell Maddy that I'm very impressed by her skills. :)