Friday, July 11, 2008

So it's been awhile. Needless to say I've been busy figuring out this mom thing, baby blessing, building a house, paperwork for mortgages, making arrangements for moving, etc., etc... I have time to blog because Maddy is actually taking a nap. As some of you know, Maddy went from being a great napper to not really a napper at all! Since about 3 weeks old, her naps consisted of sleeping 20 min here or 15 min there and boy did that wear me down. So I haven't been able to get out and about and do much. But magically today she took an hour and a half morning nap and is down now for an afternoon nap. Hallelujah! Hopefully this trend continues.

I know everyone just wants to know about Maddy so here it is.

At her last dr. appointment she was 21 and 1/2 inches and 10 lbs. 9 oz. She is nice and average.

We had her blessing on fathers day, it was beautiful and of course I cried through the whole thing. What was truly wonderful was the friends and family that were there. The craziest thing was seen Kendra! It's been probably over 3 years since I've seen her! And she has such a cute family, Alex is a crack up. Here are some pics of the blessing and family. Maddy is almost 6 weeks in these pictures.


Before the blessing we took Maddy to her first baseball game. I think she thinks baseball is boring, she pretty much slept through the whole thing! :)


What has been fun in the last few weeks is Maddy started developing some personality and facial expressions. She is smiling a lot now, but I don't have a good picture, sorry. She's a lot more into looking at things and at about 8 weeks she has started holding her rattles and sticking it in her mouth. She really likes being outside. We try to go on a walk outside everyday. Oh and as you can see, she loves her bouncer too!



We love our little Madeline even though she is a lot of work! It still doesn't seem like we are adult, parent type people! Everyone has been so great we love you all! Enjoy all the Maddy material on the blog! Oh and I have one last video, Maddy was having a grumpy afternoon, check her pout! BTW, that nap I mentioned, 20 min. It's only taken 3 hours but I finally finished my blog, and we are attempting nap 3!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Hilarious!!! Loved the 2 videos...especially your commentary :-)
Scotty had to watch the 2nd video about 5 times and copied her noises, the right note and everything.
Glad to hear at least she got 1 good nap in today.
love you!

stevenellie said...

Maddy is so cute even when she is sad. I also loved hearing your voice.
About the sleep thing, hang in there. My kids were also power nappers. I had to let them cry a little before they would sleep more than 20 mins during the day. I'm a softy so I didn't do that with Peter until he was 10 months. Marie was more like 5 months. I got a little tougher over time. Good luck. You're doing great job it looks like.

maugers said...

Very cute pictures, I still can't believe we saw you! Guess who else I finally heard from? Evelyn! She's on facebook now. It's all coming back :)

Heherjo said...

that is too funny! I love the pouty face. She is getting so big. To see here at church today all grown up. How cute is that little button.

I don't want you to be planning your move. We miss you guys and will miss you guys. But we know you have to start a life of your own. You better keep up the blog so that I can watch little Maddy grow and develop.

Love, The Reddings

Dianna said...

I love how she sticks out her lower lip. She is cute even when she is upset!