Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ok, so no pics in this blog, sorry. If you are on face book you can see the last few I posted. It's just Maddy in the corn and Maddy after eating. For some reason my phone is not syncing up with my computer, so I can't download the pictures! So I hope you keep reading even though there are no pictures.

So I'm trying to get into a routine. I'm super anal and have to-do lists and need to have order! So here's what I'm trying to do..
1. Wake up with Maddy and feed her, if she wakes up before 7, try to put her back to sleep.
2. When she wakes up after 7 feed her (again) including solid food.
3. Do our baby and mommy exercise. I'm out of control and need exercise!!!
4. Put Maddy down for a nap and eat breakfast
5. When Maddy wakes up, usually about 30min later, feed her then go for a walk.
6. Put Maddy down for a nap and eat lunch
7. When Maddy wakes up, usually about 30 min later, feed her and play.
8. If Maddy lets me get things done around the house.
9. Maddy goes down for one more 30 min nap and I cook dinner. Which I'm now using the healthy living cookbook and trying to eat/cook more healthy.
10. Ethan come home, we eat, and Ethan and Maddy play while I pick up.
11. Maddy heads for bed about 8:30 and Ethan helps me finish up with whatever I need help with.
12. RELAX!!!!

Well that's life. Every now and then there are trips to the grocery store, clean the office, I've got some flowers to plant... and so on.

The walks are usually fun. It's funny watching Lola run around. I'm going to have to take the camera next time. She chases bugs, runs like crazy, she even runs and slides and rolls in the dirt. Which reminds me, Lola needs a bath! But the other day we were walking and we came up on a scarecrow that someone had in their yard and she growled, whimpered, and then ran away from it! I guess scarecrows really do work.

Ethan has been really busy lately. Last weekend he had a campout, this weekend he has a seminar, and next weekend he has more scout training. So it's me, Maddy, and Lola!!!! It looks like we are going to have a hard time finding a day to go to the pumpkin patch and corn maze.

So like I said, I'm trying to exercise and eat healthy. Maddy isn't the only one getting bigger around here! So I made a low fat/calorie dessert the other day. Eth really liked it, so I'm going to make it again tonight. It's really easy, and pretty tasty. Here's the recipe...
Mix and bring to boil in a sauce pan:
3c unsweetened applesauce
1/2 water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Mix until moist in a bowl while applesause mixture comes to a boil
1c reduced fat bisquick (yea Rachel!)
1/4c sugar
1/2c skim milk
Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the boiling applesauce, cover and reduce to simmer for 12 min. Serve with fat free icecream or frozen yogurt.

Ok, not the most exciting blog, but that's life right now.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Good for you for trying to eat healthier. I'm still working on that. I had ramen for lunch. Mmm...deliciously salty :) Don't worry, I don't feed it to Kate. I make her eat broccoli :) Thanks for setting a good example. I really should try harder.
I can't wait to see pictures from the pumpkin patch! Are you just dressing Maddy up or does Lola get to wear a costume, too?
Have a great day!

maugers said...

Before I read chelsea's I was going to say the exact same first line...so good for you! I actually go insane without exercise...but eating healthy is always the trick isn't it? Good luck with the routine. I bet Maddy will start suprising you soon with some long 2 hour naps ;) The only routine I've ever kept with a kid for long is their night routine (when they go to bed and how) But, even if it switches it's so important for their learning to do the same thing around the same times everyday...she'll be much happier
I'll try your dessert, but I"ll have to finish off our giganto pot of rice pudding (it's my new weakness). Have a great day!

maugers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

Thanks for the recipe.
I love your list. Makes me miss you.

Mrs. Olsen said...

Mmm, I'll totally have to try that recipe! Such is the life of a stay-at-home mom, I guess. Thanks for the updates!

alicia said...

I know it can be overwhelming sometimes with a little one, but I think that was my favorite time in life... when I had a structured day and busy children. The exercise and healthier eating will give you more energy too. Great idea! Good luck. Call me sometime if you want to take a walk or hang.