Sunday, April 25, 2010

So things have been a little busy around here... and boy are we glad for a little break. We had a crazy busy week, Ethan's little brother Zach married his high school sweetheart Kylea. There was a bridal shower, endowment, sealing, family dinner, reception... and so on. It was fun and exhausting. I mostly survived... aka no puking at the temple or in public.
We also got to meet Taylor's fiance, Abby. In June we are heading out to Utah for their wedding. Hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.
This past week Taylor (and Abby) graduated from BYU. Hooray!! Sadly we missed it, but I think it would have been too much for me to handle. I'm still puking and losing weight, bah!!! Today at church my friend said, ohh it looks like you've lost weight... YIKES!!! Maddy has even picked up the charming habit of making puking noises. The semi good news is, I am about 4 months now so hopefully I should be getting better soon... cross your fingers.

Ethan has been doing well, besides a bout of stomach flu. He gained a little more sympathy for me!!! He even man-ed the office by himself this week. It was really busy, and ended up working late, but it went well.

Maddy is quickly approaching her 2nd birthday. She is quickly becoming more and more quirky, maybe a better way to put it is OCD. Examples...
1. When given a snack she always counts the snack and lines up each, say cracker, in a straight line.
2. When putting her magnets back on the fridge, she lines them up in a straight line.
3. She must shut all doors in the house.
4. When playing with blocks each row of her towers are organized by color.
5. She has a stuffed animal in the corner of her crib, one night I moved it to a different corner and she freaked until I moved it back to the correct corner.
6. When leaving anywhere, she says good bye to the people and things there, over and over.
Is this normal? I'd like to think so...

4 comments:

alicia said...

Glad you survived the wedding week. They sure do know how to pack it in! Sorry you are feeling so sick, but I promise it will get better.

Funny thing about Maddy's OCD... I can totally relate. (lol)

Liz said...

Baylee has the same case of OCD. Closet doors closed with nothing on the ground and blanket just so before she can go to sleep and has to ask her "stories" in the same order every night.

Liz said...

Baylee has the same case of OCD. Closet doors closed with nothing on the ground and blanket just so before she can go to sleep and has to ask her "stories" in the same order every night.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Yeah, I have to agree. I think the OCD is a two-year-old thing. At least it's normal for my daughter. Maybe they are both a little off. :)