Saturday, October 08, 2011


Happy Birthday Elliott!

Our big, (24 lbs) little man turned one today.  I can't believe it's already been a year!  We had family and close family friends over to celebrate.  Elliott felt a little overwhelmed and was not too into being sung to.


But as soon as he started munching on his own little train, he perked up.  And BTW, yes I made that cake.  It wasn't too difficult... just time consuming.  I've discovered that I really enjoy decorating cakes!  Taylor's birthday is coming up, so Abbey and I might just tag team a cake for him.


Back to the main event...  Maddy refused cake... but ate all the fondant dots off of the cake.  When the dots were gone, she started working on the boarder.


After cake, we enjoyed some play time... 


Then we got to business.  Elliott wasn't too into opening gifts, so Maddy decided to help.  He got some really great toys that he will warm up to, if Maddy let's him play with any of them.  He really loved a musical card my sister Dianna sent him.  He would just keep opening and closing it laughing.  Now I just need to figure out where to put all the new goodies!

Elliott is our sweet little boy.  He is usually smiling, laughing, and playing.  He loves playing outside, in the bathtub, with anything that has wheels, throwing balls and crawling after them, hanging upside down, and much to my chagrin playing in Lola's water bowl and the toilet bowl.  He is very cautious when first trying something, but once he's figured it out that it's fun (stairs, opening cupboards, slides, swings, etc.) you can't stop him from playing.  We expect him to be walking any day now... he took one step on his own today, but in his cautious manner bailed after the one step!  I love his giggles, hugs, and all things that make him our Elliott! 






2 comments:

maugers said...

First, you look really good in that picture at the end :) Also, I love the cake, I wish you could make my kids cakes! Maybe I'll just hire you for the weddings (keep practicing!) Love you Lizzy!

Catherine said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Elliott! He's such a cutie (and I can't believe he's already 1)! Great job on the cake, Liz!