Tuesday, November 08, 2011


This edition of life made EZ is brought to you by the letter S...

Smile...  Maddy had her school pictures taken.  Our little girl is so grown up and too darn cute.  Preschool is awesome and Maddy comes home after every class with a new song to sing.  They also had a pretty sweet halloween party.  Maddy got a pumpkin bucket, toys, candy, and played fun games... she was a fan.




Splash...  My kiddos are seriously water lovers.  Their favorite part of the day may be night time baths, or morning showers, or washing hands, or even the toilet.





Sunny...  We had some beautiful weather in October so we ventured out to Bloomsbury Farm twice!  This place is seriously awesome, except the cost, that is definitely not awesome.  Giant jumping pillow, pumpkin cannon, slides, animals, corn bin, hay ride...  Elliott was not a fan of the train ride, he held on to me for dear life!  Maddy still asks to go to the farm.





Shopping...  So my mother in law, Karen, is amazing!!!!  She took my sister in law, Abbey and I, to the Mall of America for 3 days of all things girlie.  Shopping, restaurants, Footloose... it was great.  Abbey convinced me to buy some skinny jeans/jeggings (on sale $15, woohooo) and I'm converted.  I've bought 2 more pairs!  Over the last year I've lost about 25 lbs and felt bummed because I didn't feel like it showed...  Duh, I didn't buy new flattering clothes!  So now I'm looking more stylish  and feeling better about how I look... Thank you Abbey.  Maybe now that I look presentable Ethan can take me on a date!!!


Skills... So my cake decorating skills continue to improve.  I make a baby cake for a baby shower for a girl in my ward.  It was a hit and made everyone giggle.  There was enough cake to bring the head home to her family.  Morbidly delicious!  Abbey came over a couple weeks later and we make a golf themed cake for Taylor.  I was a little worried because the cake seemed crumbly, but it turned out great and apparently super delicious!


Spooky...  Halloween was great!  We went down to Nauvoo with Ethan's family.  Ethan and I finally got to enjoy the temple and then hit the town for their pumpkin walk.  Maddy searched the streets for the smallest pumpkin, she's been obsessed with small pumpkins due to her fav book, the littlest pumpkin.  Of course we had to stop and listen to the bands, Maddy likes to rock!  It was a lot of fun.




Spooky continued...  Our ward had a Halloween party.  Maddy got her face painted and played games.  Elliott endured wearing the costume another day.  For the adults, we had a chili cook off, which I WON!!!!  Oh and I had to throw in this pic of Maddy when she wore the giraffe costume!


Sweet...  When Halloween night finally came, Maddy didn't even want to put her costume on.  Then the trick or treaters started showing up.  When Maddy saw what trick or treating was, she was begging to get going!  Luckily is wasn't too cold outside and we all dolled up and started knocking doors.  While out in the neighborhood we caught up with our cute little witch neighbor friend Charlie and trick or treated together.  They had so much fun, it was great.  When we finished, we checked out her haul and she was pleased!  She loved it so much she will still wish me a happy Halloween and ask to go trick or treating.



Steps...  So Elliott is really wanting to walk.  He's just building up confidence.  Slowly but surely he has gone from walking holding hands, walking from person to person, and now he walking to furniture and toys.




Sleep... So we've been a little sleep deprived here, thus my lack of posting.  The last month Elliott has had really troubles sleeping and with diarrhea.  We assumed it was teething, but after 3 weeks of diarrhea and no teeth I finally deduced that it was the milk we started feeding him.  Apparently his guts are not a fan of whole milk.  So we switched to Almond milk (which Maddy loves) and the diarrhea is gone and he slept through the night last night, therefore so did I!  Hooray.

Three cheers for the letter S!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Um that's the most amazing princess costume I've ever seen and I want three days of shopping all by myself, that sounds like the best present ever! I was at the store the other day and tried on jeggings and I was a little confused as to what they should 1. look like--are they supposed to be tight? and 2. what are they meant for--to wear inside boots, or just to be comfy? They were super comfy, but they were also super leg grabbing, so I didn't get them. Please enlighten me. (no seriously, please do!) because if i can figure out how they are supposed to look, I am totally going to buy some because they were so dang comfy

Catherine said...

Great post, Liz! Your kids are the cutest and you look great! I think you should make 2 more posts:
1. you sporting your jeggings! I want some tips on these, cause I'm still trying to decide if I should try them.
2. Your award winning chili recipe!
Love you!