Monday, March 24, 2008

Hi Friends and Family,

Ok, so I know this looks like a long blog... and it is. Hopefully you'll find it interesting and worth the read!

Well, I just have to say, I'm sure grateful for tax returns!!! I went to Baby's R Us and picked up the rest of the necessities off my registry. Necessities are expensive! So I think we may just have everything we need. Well, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if I did enough shopping. So here's a pic of everything arranged in our "nursery" aka the corner of our bedroom. It makes us really excited for baby time! I'm into my 8th month, so ... hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for little Maddy.


So other stuff going on... I was grocery shopping the other day. And I just went to the closest one to me as I was out and about. It wasn't in the nicest part of town or so nice on the outside, but it was an Albertson's, how bad could it be!!?? Well, as I was in there I noticed that they let all sorts of "other" customers in the store. I was a little nervous going do that aisle, you can image why. Let's just say, I haven't been back to that store.

This Sunday was Easter. The Reddings were totally awesome and invited us over for a wonderful dinner. Here's Robert with his fabulous turkey and potatoes. Yummy! Meat and potatoes, my fav. He read on the internet that if you brined (sp?) the turkey it would be moist, and it worked. So next Thanksgiving everyone Brine your turkeys!

So remember a couple of weeks ago Ethan went to DC to lobby for Chiropractic. Here are some of his pics. So here's the Jefferson Memorial at night, a view of the Lincoln Memorial from the top of the Washington Memorial, and lastly the Capitol building. It was a crazy week!

Lastly, after Eth's DC trip he then went straight into studying for Boards. It was rough, but he made it through. So to celebrate being done he went lobster fishing with his study buddies. They didn't catch any lobsters, but they got 2 crabs and 3 octopus. Is that the plural form? Anyway, it was a good end to a rough 2 weeks of studying and 3 days of testing!


Ethan's good luck has continued... after his DC trip he got a $400 ticket for a carpool lane violation. It was ridiculous, it was the first time he was on that highway, and to be in the carpool lane at that time of day you had to have 3 people in the car! Sigh. So we were so mad about it that he actually went to court to contest it. Fortunately the cop didn't show up, so we got reimbursed! Yea!!!

I did take my kids on a really cool field trip. We went to Body Worlds at the California Science Center. Ethan came as a chaperone. We got to look at dissected human bodies. As creepy at that sounds, it was amazing. Here's a pic of one of the displays I downloaded. I didn't take any pics myself, because it wasn't allowed. If you have the chance to see it, I highly suggest it!


Lastly, house hunting continues. Here are two of the houses we are looking into. We are pretty excited. Ethan is flying out to Iowa in 3 weeks to check out homes and maybe start some paper work! Scary!!!

This week is spring break for me so I'm heading down to San Diego to visit my sister Kathy and my friend Erika. So that will be fun.

We love you all!

4 comments:

Erika said...

I like the house on the left better :-)
and those birds!! YIKES!! I'm surprised they're still in business!
Yay for tax returns...love your comment about "necessities" lol
Can't wait to see you next week.

Heherjo said...

very cool blog today - I loved all the updates and of course the baby corner! How exciting! Thanks for taking that great picture of Robert! Seriously that was some good turkey! I can't stop eating it. We love having you guys over - lola too!
The Reddings

maugers said...

400 dollars for a carpool lane!!!! HOLY COW!!! That's ridiculous. Good thing Ethan is so dang lucky. You're baby corner looks fabulous...all really really cute. I can't wait to see her, but I'm afraid I might have to wait a really long time to hold her :(
Good luck with everything, let me know what I can do for you guys and your growing family! Have a fun break...sleep like you've never slept before :)

Just Us said...

Cute baby corner! And those houses are amazing, so I'm excited to see where you end up! Aren't the last few weeks the worst? You're so anxious yet scared for the big day! But Kendra is right, try to take as many naps and sleep in as much as you can!