Saturday, March 15, 2008

Well, we're at 31 weeks! Can you believe it!? Time is just flying by, now that I'm not puking! Well, some updates. I am experiencing the fun symptoms of pregnancy of swelling, loose joints, and clumsiness. With all of these combined this caused my to fall twice in one day and twist my ankle. No worries, everything is fine, I just need to be more careful. I am dropping stuff all the time now and picking that stuff up is getting pretty hard. When I drop things at school my students get up to pick it up for me. Another classic symptom I have is I'm hot all the time. At night I sleep with the window open and the fan on, while Ethan sleeps under a down comforter!

On Monday I had a baby shower. It was really fun. We played games, the guests made really cute personalized onsies for Maddy, and delicious treats. I got to see friends I hadn't seen in a while and see my sisters, which was really the best part. Thank you to everyone who came! What was also great, of course were the gifts, but they were gifts that I could use, thank goodness! Diaper pails, tubs, gift cards, hats, a teddy bear womb sound simulator, etc. Funny things... my friend Heather Redding got me 6 foam books. What's funny about it is that every time I went to her house I would say I love those books where can I find them!? And she would never tell me. Well now I know why, she was buying them for me! As promised, I've posted pictures. Oh, and by the way, I haven't taken a picture of myself in a while, and I'm huge! I have edited out some of the extremely non flattering ones (like the one butt shot my sister got!) I've got the 3 big B's, big belly, big butt, and big boobs! I don't really think I'm one of those cute prego's... of course Ethan disagrees and says I look great. Apparently I'm fertile beautiful!!! So enjoy the pics.

Oh, and I have to finish with a funny story. So I brought home one of those really cute cupcakes home to Ethan. If you look really close, you may notice that the cupcake babies have plastic pacifiers, adorable right!? Well, Ethan decided to enjoy his cupcake as a midnight snack. Well, Ethan was not aware that those pacifiers were there. So when he first bit into the cupcake, he thought maybe it was a hard candy, then bit down on it and broke it. He finally realized that it was plastic and spit it out. I found the remains of the pacifier on the counter in the morning. I couldn't stop laughing as Ethan told me what happened and how edible and non edible things should not be mixed!

Love you guys. Hope this blog was better!

4 comments:

Erika said...

It was great to see you :-) Thanks for the funny story about Ethan. Got a good laugh :-)
See you on Monday!!!

maugers said...

Beautiful pictures! I disagree with you and agree with Ethan in that you are a beautiful prego...you still have a cute petite little face and most women's face gets as round as their baby's!
But, I disagree with Ethan in that I love when edible and inedible things are mixed...very cute pacifiers!
I'm anxious for the baby (I'm sure you understand the feeling :) and I hope that you start getting the nesting feeling where you have tons of energy and nothing hurts! Thanks for the update

Chelsea said...

Liz!...it's Chelsea! How are you guys doing?! Congrats on expecting a little girl. I found you through Kendra (who I found through Catherine on Facebook).
It turns out you and I were practically neighbors for awhile. We lived 30 mins from each other in CA. We've been in Ogden, UT about a year now...cow country...very different from Pasadena. The mountains are gorgeous, but there are too many cowboys :)
I can't wait to hear from you!
Our blog is monsonmania.com

Heherjo said...

Your baby corner is so cute! You will have to post that picture on your next blog entry. So people can see how well you have nested! I am so excited for you and Ethan. We love having you over for dinner and a movie. Your little baby girl is almost here!