Sunday, March 02, 2008

Ok, Ok, I know it's been a while . . . oops. There have been a lot of developments since my last blog from about 3 mons ago! So here we go...

Baby Stuff
Well, we are having a little girl, Madeline Rae Zmoos. She is healthy and strong. She is making my belly jump and move and Ethan is enjoying seeing/feeling our little kick boxer. I survived the nasty glucosa test, uh, drinking it literally gave me chills. I have finally stopped puking, it only took five and a half months. So, now I'm finally gaining weight! I'm feeling pretty good, just the usual back ache and trouble sleeping. What else... we are currently taking birthing classes and besides seeing a very "lovely" montage of like 15 births in a row we are feeling pretty good about the whole birthing process. So, with a little over 2 mons to go, we are gearing up for baby time. Part of that is my upcoming baby showers! On the 10th Kathy and Melissa are coming up and we are going to have a family/friend shower and on the 19th the school will be having a shower for me. It will be fun to see everyone and play games.

Christmas
So, Christmas was good, this year we went to Iowa. It was nice and laid back. We did have weather issues... we got stuck in Chicago and ended up renting a car and driving 4 hours to Cedar Rapids, with out our luggage! It took about 3 days, but we finally got our luggage and had clothes and presents to put under the tree. Ethan also took the opportunity to work with his Dad a couple days. He came home tired but enjoyed it.

New Years
For New Years we celebrated with our friends the Reddings and the Escalantes. It was a lot of fun, and I actually stayed awake!!!! We spent the night and got up the next morning for a big breakfast.

Other News...
Ethan is now in his last year of school and is working with a private practice doctor, at a clinic in Pasadena, and goes to school one day a week. It's a pretty confusing schedule, I can never figure out where he his. The past week, Ethan had the opportunity to go to DC and do some lobbying for Chiropractic. So he's been able to meet some interesting people, see some cool sites, and earn some service hour credits for school. Also, we are currently house hunting its been fun and difficult. In a couple of months, Ethan is going to head out to Cedar Rapids to look for home and hopefully finalize something.

As far as our friends and family news, my little sister Dianna is pregnant. Which we are very happy about, they have been trying for sometime. She is now dealing with the Archibald curse of extreme sickness, so good luck Dianna, it'll get better... eventually! Kathy came for a visit and adopted my kitties from me. She is enjoying playing and cuddling with them while Julius is away. My parents have been working on fixing up their house for when they sell it in a couple of years. Good thing they're making it so nice just to leave it and not enjoy it!!!! :) Ethan's mom worked real hard on Mitt Romney's campaign and even went to Florida to try to help. Sorry it didn't work out! Our friends son, Rex Redding is now walking! Crazy! And they got their adoption court date. So in just a couple of weeks their adoption will be final and they can finally bless him and be sealed together as a family! Yea!!! It seems like everyone is doing well so we are happy.

So you have it. My laundry list of things happening. Sorry it's not so entertaining and not even a picture, uh! I'll do better next time. I promise to update my blog next week after my baby shower, with pictures.

Love you all!

2 comments:

maugers said...

I'm glad you at least told us what was going on! Tell Diana good luck, that's exciting to have them so close!
I'm excited for you, and good thing you got to see the "highlights" clip from the birthing class. We saw one where the lady just sat up and the baby came out...and all the moms in the rooms said "I want it THAT way!"
I'm also excited for pictures, have some great showers. Wish I could go!

Erika said...

Yay!
Can't wait to see you next week at your shower(s) :-)
When I watched those videos with Hillary, I cried as we left and said to Tyler, "what were we thinking?"